Myostim Microcurrent Stimulators
More than 5.6 million Americans and over 50 million people worldwide suffer from congestive heart failure, and heart disease is the leading cause of death both in the U.S. and worldwide. The cost of hospitalization and treatment for heart failure is twice that of all forms of cancer combined. While there are many available treatments with both drugs and devices, not all patients return to a normal lifestyle as a result of those treatments. Myoblasts represent the most advanced cell therapy that can effectively be targeted to improve the health of this patient population.
Welcome to MyoStim
MyoStim is a medical device company focused on Delivering Heart Muscle Regeneration, Blood Flow stimulation and Wound Healing products producing angiogenesis, myogenesis and arteriogenesis results, through implementation of MyoStim’s innovative and patented electro-stimulation technologies. The body has its own Bioelectric System. This system influences wound healing by attracting the cells of repair, changing cell membrane permeability, enhancing cellular secretion through cell membranes and orientating cell structures. MyoStim’s patented products augment these natural processes.
The flagship device, an implantable heart repairing CRT/ICD, was developed with the participation of leading scientists in cardiology. MyoStim’s patents replicate the body's own natural method of creating a heart from stem cells. In addition to the potential to create landmark medical devices in the field of cardiology, our electro-stimulation patented technology has been shown to have significant benefits in recruiting stem cells, proliferating stem cells and stimulating blood flow to accelerate wound healing, critical in the fight against multiple life threatening and impairing conditions.
The MyoStim Solution
MyoStim has emerged as a result of the founders’ passion to advance patient treatment. Unlike existing treatments, MyoStim products do not simply pace the existing healthy heart tissue like standard CRT/ICD pacemakers but also is designed to be the only heart pacemaker to grow new contractile muscle and blood vessels within heart scar tissue. The MyoStim Heart Regenerating Pacemaker delivers bioelectric signals into heart scar tissue designed to cause the stimulated region to release these proteins for these purposes.
- Stromal Derived Factor 1 (SDF-1) - a stem cell homing factor and potent arteriogenic (mature blood vessel formting) promotor. SDF-1 recruits stem cells from a patients bone marrow, fat and circulating blood to the stimulated tissues.
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) - a potent angiogentic (sprouting new blood vessels) promotor.
- Follistatin - a potent muscle formation promotor.
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF) - reduces risk of arrhythmias and powerful arteriogenic promotor.
- Cell proliferation - multiples recruited stem cells.
- Controlled muscle differentiation - this signal converts recruited stem cells to beating muscle within scar tissue.
All of the above treatment signals have this goal...
• Rejuvenate heart scar tissue by growing new contractile muscle and new mature blood vessels within the scar area that serves to improve heart function and thus exercise capacity and quality of life of the patients with significant reduction in hospitalizations. MyoStim has a goal to improve exercise capacity of treated patients by up to 230 meters over the performance of gold standard CHF drugs which provide minus 4 meters decline. We hope to prove in clinical trials a reduction of 12 days hospitalization a year for Class III heart failure patients down to under 2 for treated patients. We have a goal to move > 50^% of all treated patients to improve by two heart failure classes in quality of life from Class IV down to Class II, Class III down to Class I and from Class II to being out of out of heart failure.
In addition to the benefits afforded heart failure patients, the MyoStim technology is also effective in:
• Cell proliferation for Scientific Research and
• Commercial cell production operations
The Wound Healing Device / Limb Salvage Device is designed to improve patient care for:
• Critical limb ischemia (low blood flow in the legs).
• Slow healing wounds
• Diabetic foot ulcers.
• Bed ulcers.
• Varicose veins treatment.
Landmark pre-clinical study published in peer reviewed journal Circulation from the American Heart Association confirms...
• Capillary density improved 250%.
• VEGF mRNA (angiogenic new blood vessel creating protein) increased 450% in smooth muscle and 480% in skeletal muscle.
Executive Summary - Click Here
Establishment of a Simple and Practical Procedure Applicable to Therapeutic Angiogenesis
* The mentioned quote was from the below authorized public press release issued November 6th, 2008. The press release describes patent claims obtained at that time covering the current MyoStim technology. Dr. David Holmes, 2011 President of the American College of Cardiology, has no current formal affiliation or any financial interest what-so-ever with MyoStim Pacers or it's officers or predecessors. Dr. David Holmes was a clinical investigator in the past in Bioheart's MyoCell clinical trials at Mayo Clinic as Chairman of the Department of Cardiology.
MyoStim Microcurrent Stimulators Brochure - Click Here
Association of electrostimulation with cell transplantation in ischemic heart disease - 22 Sheep Study - Click Here
Reimbursement Approved for Electrical Stimulation Wound Healing - Click Here
Coronary Heart Disease - Click Here
Stromal Cell–Derived Factor-1α Plays a Critical Role in Stem Cell Recruitment to the Heart After Myocardial Infarction but Is Not Sufficient to Induce Homing in the Absence of Injury
* The mentioned quote was from the below authorized public press release issued November 6th, 2008. The press release describes patent claims obtained at that time covering the current MyoStim Pacers technology. Dr. David Holmes, current 2011 President of the American College of Cardiology, has no current formal affiliation or any financial interest what-so-ever with MyoStim Pacers or it's officers or predecessors. His current leadership positions do not allow such commercial affiliations. Dr. David Holmes was a clinical investigator in the past in Bioheart's MyoCell clinical trials at Mayo Clinic as Chairman of the Department of Cardiology.
Leonhardt Receives Notice of Allowance for Nine New U.S. Patent ...
Nov 6, 2008 –
“The greatest medical advances of the next decade will come from manipulating the body’s flow of energy.”
Mehmet Oz, M.D., World Famous Cardiac Surgeon Columbia University & Medical Science TV Show Host, June 2010 – AARP Magazine
INVESTIGATIONAL USE ONLY. NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE IN THE USA. UNLESS OTHERWISE CLEARLY NOTED.